Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Obituaries continued

John G. Williams
, 86, of Mesa, Ariz., died in his home October 2, 1979.
He was born February 4, 1893, in East Pike Run Township, a son of William M. and Matilda Watkins Williams, and was a lifelong member of Taylor United Methodist Church.
A farmer and businessman in Florida from 1920 to 1962, he moved to Arizona following his retirement.
In 1913 he was married to Marjorie Pepper of West Pike Run Township, who survives.
Also surviving are a daughter, Marion Murphy of Franklin, M.C.; a brother, David Williams of Homestead, Fla.; three grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Three sisters, Jane W. Binns, Florence Stitt and Irene Williams, and a brother, Roger Williams, are deceased.
The funeral was held October 6 in Mesa, followed by private cremation. A graveside service will be conducted in Taylor Cemetery, Centerville, at 12:15 pm Sunday Oct. 21 bu the Rev. Robert Flack.

Marjorie P. Williams,
82, of Mesa, Ariz., formerly of Centerville, died in her home Friday, January 18, 1980.
She was born in 1897 in West Pike Run Township, a daughter of J. William and Dora Allman Pepper.
She was a lifelong member of Taylor United Methodist Church, and had resided in Arizona the past 18 years.
In 1913, she was married to John g. Williams. He died October 2, 1879.
Surviving are a daughter, Marian W. Murphy of Franklin, N.C.; three grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Preceding her in death were a sister, Mrs. Stella Taylor, and three brothers, Taylor, Clinton and Eugene Pepper.
The funeral will be held in Mesa, followed by cremation. A graveside service will be conducted by the Rev. Robert Slack in Taylor Cemetery, Centerville, at 12:15 pm Sunday, Feb 3.

Dorothy Taylor Enlow
, 72, of 200 North Wade Avenue, Washington, died Sunday, October 14, 1979, at 11 am in the Washington Hospital Extended Care Facility.
She was born July 25, 1907, in South Strabane Township, a daughter of John R. and Eliza Jane Taylor.
She was a graduate of the East Washington Schools and Lindenwood College in St. Charles, MO. Following her graduation from Lindenwood she taught in the McKeesport schools.
She was past president of the Washington Lions Auxiliary, a member of the Current Events club of Washington, DAR, the ladies of Supreme Council, the Women’s Auxiliary of Washington Hospital, YWCA, and Neighborhood House Association.
In Greensburg on June 15, 1932, she married Charles E. Enlow, who survives.
Also surviving are two daughters, Barbara, wife of Richard H Piatt, and Mary Jo, wife of David R. Andrews, both of Washington; three sisters, Helen T. Dinsmore and K. Jane Taylor or Washington, and Sarah, wife of William Bennett of Bridgeville; and six grandchildren, Jennifer and Julie Andrews, Laura, Richard Jr., Debra and Charles Ralph Piatt.
Deceased are two sisters, Gertrude Taylor and Elizabeth McMillen.

HATCHE – funeral card
Harriet Hatche
, date of death June 5, 1980, services from Stewart-Kyle Funeral Home, clergyman Rev Kenneth Hayes, burial Park Lawn Cemetery, Jamestown, PA

Lloyd O. Hart
, 88, of 114 North Wade Avenue, Washington, died at 5:35 pm Tuesday, September 12, 1978.
He was born February 19, 1890, in Butler County, a son of William C. and Katherine EllenbergerHart.
A resident of Washington all his life, he belonged to the Church of the Covenant. He taught Berean Bible Class at the Third Presbyterian Church for more than 50 years.
A veteran of World War I, Mr. Hart belonged to World War I Veterans, Washington Barracks No 676. He was also a member of Edwin Scott Linton Post No. 175.
Mr. Hart belonged to Washington Lodge No. 164, F & AM, Washington. In 1920 he was worshipful master. He also held membership in Washington Royal Arch Chapter no. 150, Washington Council No.1, Royal and Select Masters; Jacques DeMolay Commandery No. 3, of which he was past commander; Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Pittsburgh; United States Premier Conclave Red Cross of Constantine; Syria Temple of Pittsburgh and the Legion of Honor of Syria Temple.
He received the 33rd Degree in 1940 and was a member of the Supreme Council Group of Pittsburgh.
Mr. Hart was district deputy grand master of the 29th District of Pennsylvania over 25 years.
In 1970 Mr. Hart graduated from West Washington High School. He graduated from Washington and Jefferson College in 1911 and received his degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1914. He was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1914.
Mr. Hart was the oldest living member of the Washington County Bar Association and was past president of the organization. He also belonged to the Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations.
He was active in the local YMCA for more than 60 years and for more than 25 years was president of the YMCA board. He was a founder of Camp Buffalo.
Mr. Hart was also a member of the Washington rotary Club for more than 40 years.
On May 24, 1918, he married Bertha Mae Zediker, who died April 14, 1958.
Surviving are a son, William C. Hart of Franklin Farms; one daughter, Jean, wife of Dr. William D. Cleland of Port Huron, Mich.; seven granddaughters; and nine great-grandchildren.

No comments: